Wednesday, March 6, 2013

1303.1031 (Seo-Won Chang et al.)

Statistical Properties of Galactic δ Scuti Stars: Revisited    [PDF]

Seo-Won Chang, Pavlos Protopapas, Dae-Won Kim, Yong-Ik Byun
We present statistical characteristics of 1,578 {\delta} Scuti stars including nearby field stars and cluster member stars within the Milky Way. We obtained 46% of these stars (718 stars) from the works done by Rodr\'{i}guez and collected the remaining 54% stars (860 stars) from other literatures. We updated the entries with the latest information of sky coordinate, color, rotational velocity, spectral type, period, amplitude and binarity. The majority of our sample are well characterized in terms of typical period range (0.02-0.25 days), pulsation amplitudes (<0.5 mag) and spectral types (A-F type). Given this list of {\delta} Scuti stars, we examined relations between their physical properties (i.e., periods, amplitudes, spectral types and rotational velocities) for field stars and cluster members, and confirmed that the correlations of properties are not significantly different from those reported in the Rodr\'{i}guez's works. All the {\delta} Scuti stars are cross-matched with several X-ray and UV catalogs, resulting in 27 X-ray and 41 UV-only counterparts. These counterparts are interesting targets for further study because of their rarity and uniqueness in showing {\delta} Scuti-type variability and X-ray/UV emission at the same time. The compiled catalog can be accessed through the web interface
View original:

No comments:

Post a Comment